Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Download: Formosa Betrayed by George Kerr

Formosa Betrayed by George Kerr

This book was very popular among the expat community when I first arrived in Taiwan and forms the beginning of the blueprint for any argument by the expat community defending the sovereign rights and nation status of Taiwan. Someone lent it to me once but I never got the chance to read it and had to return the book. I haven't seen it around in any bookstores of late and was thinking about it the other day. I looked it up on Google and to my surprise and delight there is a complete copy that can be downloaded from the University of Saskatchewan Taiwan Library Online page. I suggest you download it ASAP as one never knows how long these things stay online. Its good to see books like this available to the general public in such an easy way. Fourteen reviews on Amazon give the book a five star rating so I am sure it is a good read and certainly a good place to start the discussion of the early years in Taiwan after the KMT took over. Much of what happened then has a direct impact on current day politics and current day conflicts and disputes accross the Taiwan Strait. Should be a good read.

Download from the Formosa Betrayed page (pdf link)

If you REALLY INSIST on buying it, you can buy it from Amazon @ Formosa Betrayed

No comments:

Post a Comment